US: MDIA Masterclass Series: Austin,TX with Jim Eno at Public Hi-Fi Studio
On This Page:
- OHIO Credit
- Communication, Journalism, and Media
- United States
- Winter Break
For more information contact
Office of Global Opportunities
This class will offer the opportunity for Ohio University students to work side-by-side with a notable music producer for one week, allowing them to serve in an apprenticeship role as a team during recording and mixing session. This year, students will visit Public Hi-Fi in Austin, TX to work alongside famed producer/dummer, Jim Eno.
Students will stay in a hotel in the entire duration of the program.
December 13, 2021 - December 19, 2021
This program is offered annually and typically opens for application by the beginning of September.
Study Away and COVID-19
During the COVID-19 pandemic, participation in study away and abroad involves real and potential personal, financial, and academic risk. The CDC advises that you should delay travel until you are vaccinated. Note that entry to some countries and participation in local program and free-time activities, including in the U.S., may be severely restricted or potentially unavailable to unvaccinated individuals. Unvaccinated travelers should additionally expect to incur extra expenses and onsite logistical challenges due to onsite testing requirements. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students will take the MDIA 4903 to earn a total of 3 credit hours.
The program fee for this program includes: Student airfare, accommodations, airport transfers, transportation for all program related activities, excursions, and welcome dinner.
In addition to the program fee, students should plan for 3 credit hours of tuition*, administrative fee, and out-of-pocket costs. Below is the student budget worksheet for this program, which outlines these costs.
Items that are not related to the program (ie. additional entertainment, souvenirs, extra travel, contingency funds) are not included in the cost estimates provided and should be budgeted for separately.
- Non-resident surcharge waived for the credit hours associated with this program.
- If you are nominated to this program, you will be required to pay a deposit to confirm your participation. The deposit is a down payment on the total costs to be billed by OHIO and is determined by the total cost of the program.
- For programs completed over winter-break and spring break, the credit-hours associated with the program are part of the spring semester. Students taking between 12 to 20 Athens campus hours, including those associated with the program, will not incur additional tuition costs for the spring semester. Students taking less than 12 or more than 20 Athens campus credits for the spring term will see their tuition charge adjusted accordingly.
Looking for Funding Opportunities?
More information on financial aid and scholarships can be found on our funding pages.
*School of Media Arts & Studies students may apply for an internal scholarship through the Ralph J. Bitzer MDIA Opportunities Scholarship.
Eligibility and Application Requirements
This program is open to upperclass MDIA students at Ohio University. Applicants must be in good academic and judicial standing to participate.
Applicants are required to submit:
- A resume/cv
- A personal statement
- The names, emails, and phone numbers for 2 references who may be contacted regarding your application.
Students who will be on probation at any point during the program for a conduct offense that took place less than a calendar year from the program start date may not study abroad. Click here to read the entire conduct policy.
Participants must have a at least a high school diploma or the equivalent (e.g. GED) by the start date of the program to be considered for eligibility. Students enrolled in College Credit Plus (CC+) are not eligible for study away programs.