Kazuo Yamada Scholarship
Named in honor of the second president of Chubu University, the late Kazuo Yamada, this scholarship honors the relationship between Ohio University and Chubu University. This award encourages the acquisition of the Japanese language and understanding of Japanese culture.
- Must be enrolled at Ohio University as a full-time degree-seeking student in good academic standing.
- Must be accepted to participate on the Chubu Study Abroad OR Chubu Exchange Program.
- At the time of departure, recipients must have completed at least one year of Japanese language study at Ohio University.
- Students who will receive a scholarship from an agency in Japan, such as JASSO, are not eligible.
Priority shall be given to students who will study at Chubu University for a greater length of time. Preference is given to students based on financial need and academic performance. Previous recipients of funding from the Office of Global Opportunities will only be considered if funds remain after all other applicants are considered.
After a student has met the above criteria, they will be emailed a link to apply for the Kazuo Yamada Scholarship.
Selected recipients will receive $700 from Ohio University. Additionally, upon arrival in Japan for their course of study, study will receive 100,000 yen from Chubu University.
- Total awards received from OHIO may not exceed combined program fee and estimated out of pocket costs (cost of attendance).
- In order to receive an award, the student must be registered with the Office of Global Opportunities through the OGO Student Portal. The award will be directly applied to the student's OHIO accounts during the term in which the awardee is scheduled to travel.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or attend a drop in advising session.