International Guest Lecture
Overview: International Guest Lectures are a flexible option to incorporate global experiences into your course. This option connects your students to international experts in the field who help tie the academic content to their cultural background and perspectives providing a comparative international context.
Timing: Synchronous or Asynchronous
The international guest lecture experience can feature a single lecture or may be incorporated as a lecture series. Depending on your needs and speaker availability, these experiences generally last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
Please note: These examples are meant to give you an idea of what is possible. OGO will collaborate with you and a partner provider to select an activity that will fit your content needs.
- Journalism & Visual Communication: A briefing from reporters at the national Italian RAI television network syndicate in Naples.
- Leadership & Public Administration: Lecture from the directors of the National Institute Against Discrimination, Xenophobia and Racism in Buenos Aires.
- Education: A talk with a former middle school teacher and advocate for access to higher education in isolated communities of the South Pacific.
- Sustainability: Lecture about clean power generation and national environmental sustainability priorities from the operators of a waste-to-energy plant in Denmark.
- Public Health: Lecture on public health outreach, education, and HIV testing efforts from the leaders of an NGO in Chiang Mai, Thailand