State of the Arts
State of the Arts: Mentor + Mentee 2023
An biennial state-wide exhibition of Art Educators in and around Ohio presented by the School of Art + Design at Ohio University.
Exhibition: Oct. 17–Nov. 4, 2023
We are thrilled to invite you to participate once again in the State of the Arts Mentor + Mentee show this year, celebrating both teachers and students together!
Ohio University’s juried exhibition is open to all high school art educators currently teaching visual arts in Ohio and the surrounding region. Submissions are juried by School of Art + Design Gallery Coordinator and faculty. This year we will not be collecting an entry fee and therefore will not be giving out the customary monetary awards.
Selected artists will have the opportunity to showcase one of their best students to represent your high school together in the juried exhibit at the Ohio University Art Gallery, on view October 17– November 4, 2023, in Athens, Ohio.
Submission Deadline is September 29, 2023.
- Ohio University School of Art + Design: State of the Arts
- Open To All Media • Maximum 3 Entries
- Exhibition Oct. 17–Nov. 4, 2023
- EXTENDED: Online Application Deadline: Friday, September 29
- Free Submission
- Notification of accepted work: October 2, 2023
- Shipped artwork should arrive by 5pm on Oct. 11 (include return shipping label)
- In-person delivery of artwork: Saturday, Oct. 7 and Sunday, Oct. 8, from 12-3pm
- Closing Reception: Thursday, Nov. 2 from 5-7pm (artists may take artwork home with them after the reception)
- Pick-up artwork in-person after the reception or Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 4-5, 12-3pm.