Diversity and Outreach
At the Russ College, we’re committed to cultural diversity. We support students, faculty, and staff from groups historically underrepresented in engineering and technology, in addition to providing multicultural programming for all members of the Russ College community. Through targeted recruiting efforts made possible by Russ College endowment funds, outreach to the community, associations for multicultural professionals, and support for students, we strive to continue our tradition of inclusiveness.
When we talk about diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility and belonging, we want to make sure we are all on the same page. See how we define DEIAB below.
OHIO's Diversity Dashboard
Furthering our inclusive campus efforts, the four centers within Ohio University's Division of Diversity and Inclusion: The LGBT Center, Multicultural Center, and the Women’s Center, continuously envision and work to institutionalize multi-faceted strategies that welcome and uplift all members of the campus community. They focus specifically on groups and individuals who have historically been excluded, underrepresented or marginalized within higher education settings. See their dashboard below.
Meet our DEIAB Committee
- Valerie Young (co-chair) – Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Yuqiu You (co-chair) – Department of Engineering Technology and Management
- Theresa Meyer – Department of Aviation
- Issam Khoury – Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Lonnie Welch – School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Zhaohui Geng – Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Cody Petitt – Department of Mechanical Engineering
Questions, concerns or successes? Tell us about it.
Should any member of the campus community experience discrimination or harassment based on a protected class status, including sexual harassment or other sexual misconduct, or retaliation due to a protected disclosure or activity, they are asked to contact the Director of Equity and Civil Rights Compliance and Title IX Coordinator. Further, reports may also be submitted for violations of the University's policy on freedom of expression.