Clubs and Organizations
Get involved at Ohio University Eastern! Join a campus club or student organization!
The College Republicans gather to discuss politics as well as to organize the young republicans of Ohio University Eastern. Frequently the group assists local candidates and national candidates who are in the area canvassing by making phone calls, knocking on doors, and walking in parades. Last semester the College Republicans were able to meet Senators Rand Paul (KY), John Hoven (ND), and Rob Portman (OH) and also helped with the Trump rally at Ohio University Eastern .
Contact Dr. Kevin Spiker (email@example.com) if interested in joining.
- Contact Dr. Thomas Flynn (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- The Ohio University Eastern Education Club's mission is to provide services to benefit local children. In the past the club has held book drives, book fairs, pop tab drives, and a literacy night. The Education Club has also done such fundraisers as bake sales, raffles, and duck chucks at basketball games. The money raised was used to buy Christmas presents for two local families. The Club also has participated in area events such as the St. Clairsville Christmas Parade, Sugar for Reindeer, and Buckeye Local High School Cultural Fair. Education majors or anyone wanting to help local children are welcomed to join the group.
- If interested in joining contact Kim Ciroli (email@example.com) if interested in joining.
- Over 400 members strong, Bobcat Esports provides a place for any student passionate about gaming.
- To learn more visit: https://www.ohio.edu/esports/club
- Contact Dr. Kevin Spiker (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Professor Steven Whitlinger (email@example.com) if you're interested in joining an Eastern campus Esports regional competition.
- Are you interested in things like: video games, board games, TV shows, anime, science, math, or card games? Would you be interested in finding like-minded individuals to share your interests with? Come and be a part of a great group of people on campus by joining the Nerd Club! Generally we gather as a group to talk about interesting topics before splitting into smaller groups to play games. In the past, we’ve had rousing games of Euchre going on right next to Yu-Gi-Oh while others are playing head-to-head video games with each other. Anyone is welcome to come and join us! Take a break from studying on campus to connect with your fellow classmates.
- Contact faculty advisor Dr. Mary Lenczewski for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ohio University Eastern Bible Study Club
- A movement of students committed to knowing Christ and making Him known. Activities include: Bible studies, and times of prayer and worship.
- Contact Peter Lim at email@example.com for more information.
Ohio University Eastern Student Nurses’ Association
- Are you in the BSN program and want to be serve the local community? Consider joining the Ohio University Eastern Student Nurses’ Association (OUESNA).
- Contact Sarah Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kayla Lucarelli (email@example.com) for more information.
- A student youth organization affiliated with Rotary International.
- The purpose of Rotaract is to provide an opportunity for young men and women to enhance the knowledge and skills that will assist them in personal development, to address the physical and social needs of their communities, and to promote better relations between all people worldwide through a framework of friendship and service.
- Contact Dr. David Rohall (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nick Nolan (email@example.com) for more information.
- Beginning September 1st, meetings will be held every other Thursday in the library at 4:00pm.
Social Work Club
- Contact Dr. Warren Galbreath (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Professor Tracy Pritchard (email@example.com) for more information.
- The Wallflower Alliance is a dedicated and hardworking group of individuals who strive to support the LGBT community on and off campus. They aim to improve awareness for those who are among the LGBT community and intend to be an active organization of encouragement and openness. The Wallflowers will act as an open-arms club while understanding queerness and gender identity.
- Check the Wallflower Alliance bulletin board on the second floor between rooms 241 and 243 for club updates. Upcoming events, activities and meetings will be posted on the club board.
- Contact Dr. James Casebolt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Pamela June (email@example.com) for information.