Grover Center E151
- BS, Wellness Management and Biology, Black Hills State University, 1995
- MPE, Exercise Physiology, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1998
- PhD, Exercise Physiology, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2001
- Applied exercise performance research
- Electromyography (EMG) and mechanomyography (MMG) responses during fatiguing activity
- Static stretching and power output
- Slow weightlifting
- Physical activity obtained during physical education classes
- Training effects of the elliptical bicycle in distance runners
- Effect of energy availability in endurance athletes
- Special weight training equipment to enhance shoulder stability
- Klein, I.E., J.B. White, and S.R. Rana. A comparison of physiological variables between the elliptical bicycle and run training in experienced runners. J. Strength Cond. Res. 30(11):2998-3006, 2016.
- Oh, H.-J. and S.R. Rana. Using a 3-Day Physical Activity Recall as a Homework to Increase Physical Activity in Rural Appalachian School Youth: A three-week pilot intervention program. The Physical Educator. Accepted, May 20, 2016.
- Kruse, N.T., M.W. Barr, R.M. Gilders, M.R. Kushnick, and S.R. Rana. Effect of Different Stretching Strategies on the Kinetics of Vertical Jumping in Female Volleyball Athletes. Journal of Sport and Health Science. 4:364-370, 2015.
- Oh, H.-J. and S. Rana. Pedometer-assessed physical activity levels of rural Appalachian youth. The Physical Educator. 71(4):539-557, 2014.
- Kruse, N.T., M.W. Barr, R.M. Gilders, M.R. Kushnick, and S.R. Rana. Using a practical approach for determining the most effective stretching strategy in female college division I volleyball players. J. Strength Cond. Res. 27:3060-3067, 2013.
- Hall, K.S., C.A. Howe, S.R. Rana, C.L. Martin, M.C. Morey. METS and accelerometry of walking in older adults: standard versus measured energy cost. Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 45(3):574-582, 2013.
- Schuenke, M.D., J.R. Herman, R.M. Gilders, F.C. Hagerman, R.S. Hikida, S.R. Rana, K.E. Ragg, and R.S. Staron. Muscular adaptations in response to slow-speed versus traditional resistance-training regimens. Eur. J. Appl. Physiol. 112:3585-3595, 2012.
- Leon, C., H.-J. Oh, S. Rana. A purposeful dynamic stretching routine. Strategies. 25(5):16-19, May/June 2012.
- Malek, M.H., J.W. Coburn, T.J. Housh, S.R. Rana. Excess post exercise oxygen consumption is not associated with mechanomyographic amplitude following incremental cycle ergometry in the quadriceps femoris muscles. Muscle Nerve. 44:432-438, 2011.
- Malek, M.H., J.W. Coburn, R. York, J. Ng, and S.R. Rana. Comparison of MMG sensors during incremental cycle ergometry for the quadriceps femoris. Muscle Nerve. 42:394-400, 2010.
- Associate Director, Division of Exercise Physiology within the School of Applied Health Sciences and Wellness
- Undergraduate Coordinator, Division of Exercise Physiology within the School of Applied Health Sciences and Wellness
- AHSW Promotion and Tenure Committee
- AHSW AFPE Committee