Minor code: ORJAPN
Contact: Dr. Hiroyuki Oshita
A Japanese minor requires a minimum of 15 hours of language (JPN) courses beyond 2120 with a grade of C (2.0) or better in each course. There are no specific course requirements, but prerequisites must be observed. Consult with the Linguistics Department to develop a minor.
Careers and Graduate School
The purpose of the Japanese minor is to equip students with basic language skills to pursue interests related to their major or in new and/or different directions. Some students will continue their formal education in graduate school, while others will enter the workforce right away. Some students will begin internships that require a basic knowledge of Japanese.
Freshman/First-Year Admission: No requirements beyond University admission requirements.
Change to Program Policy: No selective or limited admission requirements.
External Transfer Admission: No requirements beyond University admission requirements.
University-wide Graduation Requirements
To complete this program, students must meet all University-wide graduation requirements.
College-Level Requirements for the College of Arts & Sciences
Minor Hours Requirement
The Japanese minor requires a minimum of 15 hours.
Complete at least 15 hours from the courses listed below with a grade of C (2.0) or better in each course:
- JPN 3410 - Business Japanese I Credit Hours: 3
- JPN 3480 - Readings in Japanese Culture I Credit Hours: 3
- JPN 3490 - Readings in Japanese Culture II Credit Hours: 3
- JPN 3110 - Advanced Japanese I Credit Hours: 3
- JPN 3120 - Advanced Japanese II Credit Hours: 3
- JPN 3380 - Spoken Japanese I Credit Hours: 3
- JPN 3390 - Spoken Japanese II Credit Hours: 3
- JPN 3990 - Special Studies in Japanese Credit Hours: 1 - 3
- JPN 4110 - Fourth-Year Japanese I Credit Hours: 3
- JPN 4120 - Fourth-Year Japanese II Credit Hours: 3