Online M.A. in English
A Master's Degree in English—Fully Online for Working Professionals
Ohio University’s Online M.A. in English can help you make your next career move--whether that's up the career ladder, helping your community, or in your classroom.
Lead change, don't just navigate it: Convenient online courses make it easy for working professionals to pursue their passion. Study literary history and analysis, composition and rhetoric, and creative writing—and then put your voice to use.
Help make college more accessible: This program also is designed for secondary teachers, especially those who want to teach college-level courses. Earn an online master’s degree in your subject area at OHIO and prepare to teach dual enrollment.
- Study literary history and analysis, composition and rhetoric, and creative writing.
- Ideal for working professionals who want to pursue their passion for literature and composition.
- Ideal for teachers who want to teach dual enrollment.
- Convenient online courses.
- Start in the summer and finish in as few as 16 months/4 semesters.
- Courses are 7 to 8 weeks long.
- 8 courses (32 credit hours).
- No GRE required.
Your high school students need college credits. Get ready to teach to them with an online master’s degree.
This online M.A. in English program is designed for secondary teachers who want to teach dual enrollment college-level courses, including Ohio teachers who want to teach in Ohio's College Credit Plus program.
Convenient online courses also make it easy for working professionals to pursue their passion for literature and composition.
Take advantage of a program steeped in Ohio University's long-established and respected reputation.
This program has only one start per year, and that is Summer 1, which begins in May. All students must start with ENG 5950: Introduction to English Studies, which lays out the vision for the total program.