Online English M.A. Graduate Admissions
Students begin the online M.A. in English program in Summer term.
- Summer Start: Apply by April 1.
- Summer Session begins May 15.
- Program code: MA5237
In making admissions decisions, the department relies on five distinct criteria: transcripts, letters of recommendation, GRE scores, writing sample, and statement of purpose.
- A completed online application for admission: Transcripts of all academic work must be submitted with the online application.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Two letters of recommendation from professional colleagues and/or former professors.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) not required.
- Writing sample (4 to 12 pages) that reflects your best academic or scholarly work. This is typically a paper from a college class. It should not be creative writing or a lesson plan.
- Statement of purpose to the admissions committee outlining your educational background, interests and goals, and the ways you think Ohio University's online M.A. program can foster and help you implement your plans.
- Resume or Vitae detailing professional experience.
- International Students: According to Ohio University policies, an international student who is currently in the United States cannot pursue a degree program that is completely online.
All graduate applications must be submitted electronically through the Graduate College. You will be prompted to first select the term for which you wish to apply. Then select “Graduate Degree Application.”