Online English M.A. Graduate Admissions
Summer Application Deadline Extended to April 18
Students begin the online M.A. in English program in Summer term.
- Summer Start: Apply by April 18. Courses begin in May.
- Program code: MA5237
In making admissions decisions, the department relies on five distinct criteria: transcripts, letters of recommendation, GRE scores, writing sample, and statement of purpose.
- A completed online application for admission: Transcripts of all academic work must be submitted with the online application.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Two letters of recommendation from professional colleagues and/or former professors.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) not required.
- Writing sample (4 to 12 pages) that reflects your best academic or scholarly work. This is typically a paper from a college class. It should not be creative writing or a lesson plan.
- Statement of purpose to the admissions committee outlining your educational background, interests and goals, and the ways you think Ohio University's online M.A. program can foster and help you implement your plans.
- Resume or Vitae detailing professional experience.
- International Students: According to Ohio University policies, an international student who is currently in the United States cannot pursue a degree program that is completely online.
See more information about Ohio University's graduate admission requirements.
All graduate applications must be submitted electronically through the Graduate College.
Please consult the Graduate College's website for instructions for applying online. All documents should be sent to the Graduate College, and not to the English Department.