BIOS Advising and Resource Room—the BARR
The BARR has moved!
To find the BARR's now location in Irvine 126, just follow the signs throughout the building pointing the way.
Peer Advisers are on duty from 1 to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for homework help and general advising support.
- Walk-ins are encouraged, and no appointment is needed.
All assistance at the the BIOS Advising and Resource Room—called the BARR—is free. You can also email brief questions to email@example.com.
The Bios Advising and Resource Room (or the BARR) exists to help science students thrive. It was created to assist students in introductory biology and to help first-year students adjust to and learn about Ohio University. It's been expanded to help students of all years and all science-related majors.
The BARR is staffed by upperclass peer advisers who have proven themselves capable in science and beyond. They can help students with:
- Help with science coursework
- Advice on time management and study skills
- Insights into research, internships, and campus jobs
- Peer perspectives on scheduling and advising
- Assistance navigating online resources (from Blackboard to DARS)
- Guidance on connecting with faculty and campus resources
- Information on student organizations
- A chance to discuss future plans with an upperclassman peer who has "been in your shoes"