- Ph.D. in Business (Accounting), Washington State University
- Master of Accountancy, Wright State University
- BA, Economics, Brigham Young University
- Auditor, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Controller, Provo/Orem Chamber of Commerce
Professional Licenses, Certifications, and Memberships
- Certified Public Accountant (Ohio, active)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (member #623096)
- American Accounting Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Dr. Aaron B. Wilson joined the School of Accountancy faculty at Ohio University in 2014 and serves as the Director of the Online MBA program. Aaron received his undergraduate degree in Economics from Brigham Young University, his Master of Accountancy from Wright State University, and his Ph.D. from Washington State University.
In addition to holding an active Certified Public Accountant in Ohio, Aaron is also a Certified Fraud Examiner. Aaron’s primary areas of teaching include audit, advanced audit, and accounting for executives. Aaron is actively involved in his research which includes fraud, whistleblowing, audit related topics, and most recently digital assets, cryptocurrency, and decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
Prior to his academic career, Aaron spent five years with PricewaterhouseCoopers in Assurance Services. He serviced primarily SEC registered public companies in the Dayton, Columbus, and Cincinnati markets focusing on manufacturing and specialty chemical clients.
Aaron lives in the Athens area with his wife and their seven children. He is also involved with raising goats on his farm as well as bee keeping.