The Bobcat Neighborhood
Bobcats take care. We cheer each other on in times of celebration. We support one another in times of need. And through it all, we demonstrate the Bobcat spirit of service that defines the Ohio University community and that we each bring to our individual communities.
In the spirit of Bobcats helping Bobcats, the Ohio University Alumni Association, in partnership with Ohio University Corporate Engagement and the Center for Campus and Community Engagement, has created the Bobcat Neighborhood. This is a directory of alumni-owned and/or operated organizations, as well as businesses and nonprofits within all Ohio University campus communities, built to encourage the Bobcat family to support one another. Our communities, our people, and our University thrive when we come together as neighbors, near and far, to help each other – especially in times of hardship.
Use the Bobcat Neighborhood directory to identify organizations that you may want to support, such as:
- Purchase gift cards for later use
- Order merchandise online
- Order meals from restaurants that offer take-out or delivery in your hometown
- Spread awareness by using the hashtag #BobcatNeighborhood
- Learn about Bobcats doing good
Are you an alumnus of Ohio University and own or manage a business that would benefit from exposure on the Bobcat Neighborhood? Or do you work in a non-profit that is located within an Ohio University campus community?
Click here to join the Bobcat Neighborhood, so the Bobcat family can support you and your business. Thank you for joining our community!
*Disclaimer: Ohio University does not endorse any of the businesses, retailers, or non-profits included in this directory. Ohio University reserves the right to review all entries before publishing. Submitting your business will make this information public and Ohio University does not assume responsibility for how this information can or may be used in the future by outside parties. Ohio University reserves the right to stop this directory at any time, and for any reason.
Please email BobcatNeighborhood@ohio.edu with any questions or concerns.
Additional COVID-19 Resources
Ohio University Resources
- The Ohio University Center for Campus and Community Engagement connects students, faculty, staff, and communities (from local to global) to create and maintain mutually beneficial academic, research, and service partnerships that foster resilient communities and life-long engaged citizens.
- Voinovich COVID-19 Business Recovery Resource Center: The Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), and TechGROWTH Ohio, all part of Ohio University’s Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs, are working with small and local, private and non-profit business owners to access resources available from the state and federal government to help keep their businesses afloat during the pandemic.
- The Ohio University Corporate Partners Website has a vast array of relevant resources. Whether it’s partnering on workforce development needs, research, philanthropy, or helping to grow your business, there is a way to work together. Our goal with this site is to quickly connect your needs with the resources at Ohio University.
Regional Emergency Funds:
Many local organizations have created new pools of funding to respond to local need. You can reach out to access funding or donate to support our campus communities by contributing to the following:
- Athens: Athens County Foundation Emergency Fund
- Beavercreek: COVID-19 Response Fund for Greater Dayton
- Chillicothe: Chillicothe-Ross Community Foundation Emergency Fund
- Cleveland: Greater Cleveland COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund (edited)
- Dublin: United Way of Central Ohio COVID-19 Community Response Fund
- Eastern: United Way of the Upper Ohio Valley COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund
- Lancaster: United Way Fairfield County COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Southern: United Way River Cities COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Fund
- Zanesville: Muskingum County Community Cares Fund
State of Ohio Resources
Federal Assistance & Resources
- CARES Act Emergency Assistance: The National Council of Nonprofits recently hosted a webinar explaining opportunities for nonprofits via the CARES Act, outlined in the PDF linked above.
- US Small Business Administration: The SBA offers several forms of assistance and resources to small businesses throughout the United States.