Ohio University Zanesville Summer Programs
Ohio University Zanesville invites you to participate in community summer programs. Join us for continuing education opportunities, community workshops, and youth day camps.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 740-588-1525.
Muskingum County Library Summer Reading Program Competition
June 5 - July 31
ALL ages are eligible to participate in the Summer Reading program with the Zanesville Campus Library in partnership with the Muskingum County Library System. To participate:
- Use this link to pre-register between May 13th and June 4th; registration for the program will continue using this same link beyond the June 5th program start-date. Registrants can be members of any age who are part of the OHIO Zanesville, Zane State College, or wider Muskingum County communities.
- Download the Beanstack app to log your reading and Summer Reading Program-related activities, or if you prefer pen and paper to your computer or smartphone, come by the ZCL or visit any MCLS location to pick up a paper log.
- Earn points to enter prize drawings. Logging your reading minutes; completing fun SRP-related activities like journaling, cooking a new recipe, and geocaching around Muskingum County; and write book reviews are some of the ways to earn points.
Find more information about the Summer Reading Program, point-earning activities, and prizes here.
Visit the Zanesville Campus Library for help with registering, reading suggestions, borrowing books, requesting books from OhioLINK or SearchOHIO, or to talk about what you're reading. We'd love to see you during these quieter summer months!
Career Connections Camp
June 5-9 | 9 am - 3 pm
The Muskingum County Social Justice Coalition hosts this summer opportunity available to students entering the 8th grade for the 2023-2024 school year to explore career & college opportunities:
- College tours & company visits
- Hands-on activities
- Community leader presentations
- and More!
- PLUS a FREE iPad
For more information or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing HEAT Camp for Students
July 25-27 | 9 am - 1 pm
This is a 3-day interactive career exploration camp for incoming 7th, 8th and 9th grade students interested in health professions. Within the OHIO Zanesville nursing labs and simulation center, students will work through interactive hands-on activities to learn and practice various nursing skills.
Participants will also spend one day at Genesis Health Care System where they will meet professionals from various hospital departments and witness the science and skills utilized by each of these health care disciplines.
Cool, take-home prizes, will be given to each participant who attends all 3 days of the camp. Light lunch will be provided.
For questions, please contact the OHIO Zanesville Nursing Office at 740.588.1515 or email@example.com.
Space is limited to the first 25 applicants. The registration deadline is July 10, 2023. Confirmation of registration will be emailed to the participant's parent/guardian along with required camp forms and consents.