Built For Working Professionals, Like You
The Executive Master of Public Administration (MPA) is a program for professionals who have been in the workplace for at least three years. The executive MPA introduces students to the fundamental elements of public policy and administration with online coursework and some in-person classes on our Dublin campus. The program is a unique opportunity to earn a degree in just 20 Saturdays over a two-year period through online and in-person classes at our Dublin Campus. Like the traditional MPA program, the Executive MPA program introduces students to the fundamentals of public policy and administration, including public service, leadership, and data management. Our emphasis on combining theory and practice helps students learn to think critically and creatively, while engaging in problem-solving activities that address both real and theoretical situations.
The Voinovich School Executive MPA program lets working professionals upgrade their skills or jump-start a new career and earn an MPA while juggling busy work and home lives. Executive MPA students learn to apply public management skills critically and creatively to solve real-world problems for their career path:
- Nonprofit/non-governmental organization
- Public sector
- Local, state, or national government
- Health care
- Social services
- Economic development
- Law enforcement, fire, and other public safety services
- Active duty military and veterans of U.S. Armed Forces
- Public agencies
Online and Dublin Campus Classes
As the only Executive MPA program in Central Ohio, and one of the few in the state of Ohio, the Executive MPA is immediately applicable to your career, even while you’re in the program.
- Taught by award-winning faculty, many who are also working professionals, the program is a unique combination of residency-based classroom learning and online interaction.
- Executive MPA is cohort based, where you will develop relationships and professional connections with your classmates over the two-year period.
- Face-to-face class meetings are held during residencies 10 Saturdays each year at Ohio University’s Dublin Campus, 6805 Bobcat Way Dublin, Ohio 43016. These classes bring all cohort members and faculty together in one location for collaboration.
- Earn an Ohio University MPA, the same degree awarded to traditional, campus-based students.