Office of Student Services
We want you to succeed!
Helping students achieve academic success in a supportive and helpful environment is the mission of the Office of Student Services. Our goal is to encourage students to develop the skills and perseverance to become self-directed and proactive learners. We strive to achieve this mission through a variety of services to the students such as tutoring programs, academic advising, accessibility services and career exploration. We ensure equal access to all students and members of the OHIO community.
Please take a look at what our Office of Student Services has to offer. You might find exactly what you need to help you be an even greater success as a student at Southern.
Advising is a partnership between you and your academic adviser. Together, you will work to create educational plans to meet your academic, career and personal goals. You are responsible for being prepared for and participating in advising sessions, as well as understanding university and program requirements.
To schedule an appointment with an adviser, call 740-533-4600.
Need help scheduling free tutoring, locating mental health resources or finding other opportunities to help you succeed? Our advising and retention specialist meets with students to discuss any barriers they may be experiencing, and to discuss ways to overcome those barriers.
Advising and Retention Specialist
Need to make a payment?
In-person payments made be made with check or money order; credit card payments must be made online.
Accepted Forms of Payment
- Students: To make an online payment on your student account, login to My OHIO Student Center(opens in a new window). Under the Finances section select “Make a Payment.” This will direct you to our online payment processor. Please be sure to turn off any pop up blockers for your browser.
- Authorized Users: To make an online payment, login to your Authorized User(opens in a new window) account. Please be sure to turn off any pop up blockers for your browser.
The Office of the Bursar accepts the following types of payment:
- eCheck (available online only): No service fee is charged for this option. You will need to provide your bank’s routing number and your checking or savings account number. If you have questions regarding the correct numbers to use, please contact your financial institution. Do NOT use the numbers on your debit card. Dishonored ACH payments are charged a $25.00 service fee.
- Credit Card (available online): A service fee of 2.9% is added to the total payment. This is a fee charged by our payment processor; Ohio University does not receive this additional fee. MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express are accepted.
- Personal Check, Cashier’s Check, or Money Order (available by mail or in person): Payments should be made to the order of Ohio University. Dishonored checks are charged a $25.00 service fee. Please include your OHIO PID number in the memo line of the payment. Checks may be mailed to: Office of the Bursar, P.O. Box 960, Athens, OH 45701