Voting opens today for Project C funding for local charities
Scripps student fundraising group announces upcoming events
ATHENS, Ohio (April 17, 2014)—Project C: Clicking Creates Change is an Ohio University student organization that aspires to tell the stories of unsung heroes in the community. In addition to creating multimedia story pieces for four nonprofit organization each year, Project C raises monetary donations for their causes.
This year, Project C has worked to create story pieces that include video, photo, written word, and infographics featuring the following four nonprofit organizations:
- Appalachian Center for Economic Networks (ACEnet)
- Ohio Health Appalachian Community Visiting Nurse Association, Hospice, & Health Services
- Factory Street Dance Studio
- Ohio Valley Museum of Discovery
The public is invited and encouraged to begin voting for one of these organizations, once a day April 17 through April 25. Donations can also be made via the Project C website or by visiting the Project C IndieGoGo here.
In addition, the following events are planned:
- Monday, April 21 – Project C Launch event, 6-7:30 p.m., Central Venue, 29 E. Carpenter St., Athens, Ohio
- Project C students will be showing the four videos produced for this year's project, holding a fundraising raffle with gift cards from local businesses, and provide voting and donation stations. The event is open to the public. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Friday, April 25 – Final Fundraising Push, Jackie O’s, 24 W. Union St., Athens, Ohio
- The following bands will be playing at Jackie O's on Friday April 25: Sassafraz, IndigoSun, Swift Technique on April 25th. The show's cover charge is $10, with $1 from each charge going to Project C, and the event is 18+. You can find event details here.
- From staff reports