Awards and Accomplishments
Additional Points of Pride
- The bachelor's degree program in the J. Warren McClure School of Emerging Communication Technologies is the first and only of its kind in the state and the second in the nation. It received the 2010 Program of Excellence Award from the International Telecommunications Education and Research Association (ITERA).The school's Master of Communication Technology and Policy Graduate Program won the award in 2007.
- The Institute for International Journalism hosts internationally known speakers and oversees foreign correspondence internships with the Associated Press in Rome, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Caracas and Jerusalem.
- The Forensics Team affiliated with the School of Communication Studies has won three team championships and 16 top-ten finishes in National Forensics Association tournaments.
- Support from the Scripps Howard Foundation creates exclusive opportunities in the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, including internships with the Scripps Howard News Bureau in Washington, D.C.
- The School of Media Arts and Studies offers one of the nation's first Social Media Certificate programs. Students study different social networks and how those specific networks operate, learn to understand the business side of social media including principles, practices and analysis, and explore topics such as information sharing, entertainment values, organizational behavior and marketing practices.