The Communication Fellows Program
In 2018, the Ohio University Scripps College of Communication launched the Communication Fellows Program. Focusing on curriculum development in communication across PK-12 levels of instruction, the fellowship offers graduate-level professional development credit, project support and generous stipends. We seek to increase interaction and collaboration between PK-12 faculty and higher education faculty who share mutual interests in communication-related instruction.
We define communication broadly to include but not be limited to:
- Social media use and consequences
- Use of communication technology in classrooms by students
- Teaching approaches to using communication technology
- The Internet of Things
- Audio podcasting
- Digital video creation and editing
- Digital design
- Public speaking
- Health communication
- The structure of the internet
- Information/news literacy
- And much more
Up to 10 fellows will be named each year, representative of rural Appalachian districts and urban districts in the state of Ohio.
Interested in becoming a Communication Fellow? Watch for the call for proposals in December.