The Communication Fellows Program
In 2018, the Ohio University Scripps College of Communication launched the Communication Fellows Program. Focusing on curriculum development in communication across PK-12 levels of instruction, the fellowship offers graduate-level professional development credit, project support and generous stipends. Applications for the 2019 program are being accepted now. Innovative teachers from throughout Ohio are invited to apply! We seek to increase interaction and collaboration between PK-12 faculty and higher education faculty who share mutual interests in communication-related instruction.
We define communication broadly to include but not be limited to:
- Social media use and consequences
- Use of communication technology in classrooms by students
- Teaching approaches to using communication technology
- The Internet of Things
- Audio podcasting
- Digital video creation and editing
- Digital design
- Public speaking
- Health communication
- The structure of the internet
- Information/news literacy
- And much more
Up to 10 fellows are named each year, with five from rural Appalachia districts and five from urban districts in the state of Ohio.