Scripps Parents Advisory Council
The Scripps Parents Advisory Council (SPAC) will serve as a conduit for two-way communication between the Office of the Dean of the Ohio University Scripps College of Communication and parents/families of Scripps students.
The main purpose of the council is to:
- Serve as ambassadors for the Scripps College among other Scripps parents, prospective Scripps students and their parents.
- Serve as ambassadors for Ohio University and the Scripps College for virtual parent Q&A sessions and/or at local high schools, as needed.
- Recommend content for publications and communications targeted to Scripps parents/families.
- Participate in campus events, such as Parents Weekend, Dads Weekend, Moms Weekend, etc.
- Help increase Scripps’ student yield (percent of students who enroll once offered admittance).
- Attend and serve as hosts at local yield events in specific cities, as needed.
- Assist with the recruitment of prospective SPAC members.
- Provide feedback to the Scripps Office of the Dean when needed.
The council will meet two times a year in person:
- Once at Parents Weekend in the fall.
- Once on a weekend TBD in the spring, in coordination with the Dean’s Advisory Council (DAC) spring meeting.
To remain in good standing, each council member or member couple must attend at least one on-site meeting per year.
Scope of Commitment
Members of underclassmen will be asked to make a two-year commitment. Parents of seniors may join for one year.