Scripps College of Communication: Engaging the World
- Noon-1 p.m. – Scripps College: Engaging the World Expo, Walter Rotunda
Students and faculty from the Scripps College of Communication showcase research, creative activity, partnerships and programs that engage the world. Students will also display poster presentations of research that is focused on international issues and geographies.
- 1 p.m. – Scripps College: Engaging the World Panel of College Programs and Study Abroad Opportunities, Walter Rotunda
Collectively, the panelists will present successful examples such as initiatives in Guyana, the Institute for International Journalism and Ohio University/Bangkok University Joint Ph.D. program in Communication Studies.
- Eddie Ashworth, associate professor, School of Media Arts & Studies
- Greg Emery, director of the Global Leadership Center
- Claudia Hale, professor, School of Communication Studies
- Yusuf Kalyango, associate professor, E. W. Scripps School of Journalism and director of the Institute for International Journalism
- Lorna Jean Edmonds, Vice Provost of Global Affairs This panel presentation and discussion will showcase global programs, initiatives and partnerships within and across the Scripps College of Communication.
- 2-3 p.m. Scripps College: Engaging the World Malaysia Film Screening, Walter Rotunda
Frederick Lewis, associate professor in the School of Media Arts & Studies, along with several of his students, will present a unique cross-cultural collaboration. "Home for Hari Raya," is a 20-minute narrative film shot in Malaysia with a combined crew of 14 media arts students and 14 students from The Universiti Teknology, MARA.