Online Communication Degree
Delivered in a flexible, fully-online format, the Bachelor of Science in Communication degree includes courses designed with the best practices for online learning, emphasizing the human connection that is a hallmark of the prestigious Scripps College of Communication. You will learn from award-winning faculty and engage in the study of multiple communication fields, all at a pace that is convenient for working adults.
Ideally suited for professionals in a variety of public, non-profit and private organizations who have positions that emphasize internal and external communication, the major cross-trains individuals in visual, written and oral communication. The major is open to students at any stage of their college career, including recent high school graduates and transfer students. Students who have already completed an associate degree (60 or more semester hours or 90 or more quarter hours) are also excellent candidates for this degree program.
Work with your academic advisor to plan a minor in journalism and/or a social media certificate!
This is a fully-online, four-year program. If you're entering with previous course credit, apply your credit toward your degree. Ohio University offers affordable tuition with flexible and affordable payment options. You can apply now to begin in fall, spring or summer terms.
Reviewing programs on the basis of reputation, coursework, cost, faculty, and flexibility, Intelligent.com ranks the Bachelor of Science in Communication degree among the Best Online Communications Degrees and lists our program as having the best applied communication focus. OnlineU ranked our program seventh on its list of Most Affordable Communications Degrees for 2020.
- Your academic advisor will help you schedule the right courses to earn a minor in journalism and/or a social media certificate.
- Study visual, written, and oral communication including courses in journalism, media production, web and print design, communication studies, and telecommunication systems.
- Join the Scripps College of Communication, recognized as a Center of Excellence by the Ohio Board of Regents.
- Are you a transfer student with an earned associate degree? Use previous coursework to complete the degree in as little as two years. See how your previous coursework transfers.
- Tuition is affordable, and financial aid is available to those who qualify.
- Take classes from five different schools within the Scripps College:
No requirements beyond University admission requirements.
If you have questions, please contact Dr. Brittany Peterson, director of e-learning.