Online Bachelor of Science in Integrated Healthcare Studies
Ohio University's Bachelor of Science in Integrated Healthcare Studies was designed for healthcare professionals who have earned an associate degree in an allied health field and would like to earn a bachelor’s degree to advance in their careers. This program provides opportunities for students to acquire vital knowledge and skills that will be critical in practicing and navigating the healthcare system, in response to the needs of an increasingly complex state of the American healthcare system.
This flexible online format allows you to pace your classes to fit your life and career. Prior college credits often transfer, allowing you to finish your degree more quickly.
Ohio University is ranked the top college in Ohio for online education by onlinecolleges.com.
What courses will you take?
The curriculum is composed of courses in public health, sports medicine, nutrition, leadership and critical thinking, communication, interprofessional education and practice in healthcare, and more.
The IHS degree is designed for students who have completed at least 60 semester hours in an allied health-related discipline. Find information on transferring your credits.
Further your education and advance your career by earning a bachelor's degree in Integrated Healthcare Studies (IHS). This program provides opportunities for students to pursue management and executive positions in the healthcare industry. IHS students may go on to work in hospitals, medical laboratories, pharmacies, state or federal governmental agencies, long-term care and rehabilitation facilities, clinical research organizations and more.
Flexible Online Format
With asynchronous coursework and flexible advising, students can complete their degree on their own schedule. Take a full load and finish the degree in four semesters, or pace your courses to fit your life and career.
- Minimum 60 semester hours of credit in a health-related field (e.g., health technology, medical assisting, human services and technology, health information management, respiratory care, physical therapy assistant).
- Minimum GPA of 2.67 (B-).
- To further qualify, the student must have completed the following:
- One course in mathematics.
- One course in English composition.
- One course in biological sciences.
- One course in psychology, sociology, or social work 5.
- At least 9 semester hours in additional courses with a health or medical focus including: First Aid and CPR/AED, Medical Terminology, and courses with the Ohio University prefixes BIOS (Biological Sciences), HTCH (Health Technology), MAT (Medical Technology), HST (Human Services Technology) or HLTH (Health). Others will be considered.