Professors Rajindar and Manjulika Koshal Speaker Opportunity Funding
Call For Applications
The Professors Rajindar and Manjulika Koshal Endowment, through speaker opportunity funding, aims to promote global understanding of the Indian culture, economy, history, dance, music, philosophy, medicine, science, or politics at Ohio University through supporting lecture opportunities.
Funds, in the amount of $1,000 per speaker, are available on an annual basis for two speakers in above areas. The speaker should be actively involved in topics of their lecture. These lectures are made possible with the generous support from the Professors Rajindar and Manjulika Koshal Endowment at Ohio University.
Faculty, administrative staff, and student groups at all Ohio University campuses are eligible to apply for Koshal Endowment funds up to $1,000 per speaker opportunity to cover honorarium and other arrangements, such as travel and accommodations.
Criteria And Guidelines
- The application must be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the proposed event.
- The event must be targeted to the OHIO and Athens community, with a focus on students.
- Speakers must have expertise on an Indian topic of their speaking engagement, a topic which will promote understanding of India at Ohio University.
- The sponsoring faculty, staff, or students are responsible for executing the event.
The event should highlight that the lecture is being made possible with the funds from The Professors Rajindar and Manjulika Koshal Endowment.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Koshal Speaker Opportunity Application” and include:
- Brief description of the proposed lecture topic, date of lecture, and how it relates to the inviting unit’s interests and the lecturer’s expertise
- Lecturer’s short biography and credentials
- Budget, justification, and other materials
Applications Will Be Reviewed on A Rolling Basis.
Contact the Office of Global Affairs at email@example.com with any questions regarding the Professors Rajindar and Manjulika Koshal Endowment and/or proposal submission.