Ohio University

Submitting Official Transcripts & Final Academic Documents

Transcripts from institutions in the United States:

An official transcript is one that arrives in an envelope that has been sealed by the issuing institution, or from an institution's official electronic transcript service. Please note: only transcripts from US institutions are accepted from electronic transcript services.

If you have previously attended or are currently attending Ohio University, your OHIO transcripts will be obtained by the Graduate College on your behalf.

Transcripts that have been opened, photocopied, or marked as unofficial are not accepted in lieu of official transcripts.

Please do not submit copies of U.S. diplomas as evidence of a completed degree.

Transcripts from institutions outside the United States:

To be considered official, all documents must be official or attested (stamped and signed) by the registrar or equivalent office, and submitted in envelopes sealed by the issuing institution.

If original documents are not in English, you must also provide an official, certified copy of all documents translated into English.

Transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must:

  • Bear the seal and original signature of the school and school official

  • Clearly show the name and address of the institution

  • Show the date you entered and left the institution and the date any degree was earned

  • Show all courses taken and grades received and the system of grading used, indicating the highest mark and the lowest passing mark. Summary documents listing only classes passed are not sufficient to complete your admission file. The transcript/mark sheets must show all course attempts with grades earned.

Diploma and/or Degree Certificate - If the transcript/mark sheet does not name the degree and date earned, you must submit a registrar-certified or registrar-attested copy (or a copy that is certified or attested by an equivalent office) of the degree diploma and/or degree certificate.

Students who attended college or university in India: You must submit all marksheets received at the end of each semester or annual examination, certified either by the principal of the college or the registrar of the degree-granting university. The consolidated transcript generated at the end of the program is not sufficient by itself.

Students who attended college or university in China: Submit an official certified or attested copy of both the Degree Certificate and the Certificate of Graduation.