Graduate appointments are awarded by academic programs and departments. Appointments provide a stipend for service and generally include a tuition scholarship. Stipend and scholarship amounts vary by program. Appointment types include Research Assistantships, Teaching Assistantships, and Graduate Assistantships.
To apply, indicate your interest in an appointment on the degree-seeking application in the space provided. Review the program's website for details about appointments and any additional application requirements.
Federal Aid for U.S. Citizens/Permanent Residents
To apply, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For more information, visit the Student Financial Aid & Scholarships office.
Campus-based job postings are listed through Human Resources. Please be aware, for students with graduate appointments or with F and J visas, work is limited to 20 hours per week during fall and spring semesters and 28 hours per week for the summer and other academic breaks.
Grants and Fellowships
- Graduate Student Senate provides $49,000 a year to graduate students for travel and original work grants. Travel Awards are $500 and Original Work Grants are $750.
- Named Graduate Fellowships provide a service-free stipend and a tuition scholarship, and are funded through the Graduate College. See Named Graduate Fellowships for details.
- Student Enhancement Awards provide up to $6,000 support for research and travel for a student and mentor to attend a professional meeting to present results. See Student Enhancement Awards for more information.
- OHIO Emergency Microgrants are available through the Dean of Students Office. These emergency micro-grants are designed to help OHIO students facing financial difficulty due to emergency situations or one-time hardships. The funds are awarded to help alleviate short-term financial need and are managed by the Dean of Students Office in collaboration with Student Financial Aid and Scholarships. This fund is sustained through generous gifts of donors, and grants awarded do not need to be repaid. See OHIO Emergency Microgrants for more information.
- The Graduate College office can assist students with applying for external grants and fellowships. See Grant and Fellowship Development for details.