Reapplying to Complete a Degree
Degree-seeking students who have exceeded the time limit for their degree must reapply and be readmitted in order to complete the degree.
Limitations on readmission
- Students can only be admitted to degree programs in the current Graduate Catalog.
- Readmitted students must fulfill degree requirements in effect at the point of readmission.
- Readmission is for a limited period, defined by the academic college at the time of readmission.
Steps to readmission
- Contact your academic program regarding your interest in completing your degree.
- Complete any college/academic program petitions for readmission.
- Submit a new graduate degree-seeking application.
- Check with your academic program regarding what supporting materials they require.
- Submit copies of official transcripts for any institutions attended following your prior attendance at Ohio University
You are submitting a new degree-seeking application.
If you do not remember creating an ApplyWeb user account, begin at "Getting Started."
Within the application:
- In the "Application Information" section, select application type "This is NOT my first application, reapplying to complete a degree".
- To ensure that your new application loads into your existing student record, please provide your social security number.
- Select the correct program and admission term. If the term for which you are seeking readmission is not open, have your program contact the Graduate College to request the term be opened.
- Upload any necessary supporting documents in the spaces provided within the application.
- List all colleges/universities previously attended, including Ohio University.
- Please note, the application will require information about recommenders. You only need to provide recommendations if the program has requested them. If you are not submitting new recommendations, be sure the Online Recommendation option is set to "No". You still need to fill in text for First and Last Name and E-mail Address.
Reapplication fee - $25 (USD)
- If you see a different amount when you reach the end of the application, it means you have selected the wrong application type earlier in the application. Return to page two and review your response under "Application Type."