· PhD, Health Communication, Relating & Organizing, Ohio University, 2018
· MA, Relating & Organizing; Health Communication, Ohio university, 2016
· BS, Secondary Education and History, Brigham Young University, 1999
· Mental health care, messages, and stigma within religious organizations and communities
· Communicating about Sexual and Reproductive Health with religious audiences
· Sexual and Gendered violence
· LGBTQ+ health disparities
· Risk Communication and Health Campaigns
· Visiting Assistant Professor, Community and Public Health (Fall 2018-Present). Health Communication Specialist, Department of Social and Public Health, College of Health Sciences and Professions, Ohio University
· Instructor of Record (Fall, 2013-Present). Ohio University, School of Communication Studies
· Adjunct Instructor (Fall 2011-Spring 2013). Ohio University, Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies, University College
· Teaching Assistant (Fall 2015, Fall 2017). Ohio University, School of Communication Studies
· Crawford, R. P. (in press) Communicating mental illness in religious organizations. In L. Lipert, R. Hall, A. Miller-Ott, & D. Cochece Davis (Eds.), Communicating Mental Health: History, Concepts, & Perspectives. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
· Crawford, R. P. (in press) Gender and mental health in mormon contexts. In T. Petry, & A. Hoyt (Eds.), Handbook on Mormonism and Gender. London: Routledge.
· Crawford, R. P. (2018). Infiltrative Rhetoric for LGB Inclusion: The LDS Version of the “Supportive Families, Healthy Children” Pamphlet. Western Journal of Communication, 82, 259–275. https://doi.org/10.1080/10570314.2017.1390147.
· Crawford, R. P. (2016). Black pearls on a string: Narrative reasoning and the restorative power of naming. Health Communication. doi: 10.1080/10410236.2016.1234540. Advance online publication: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10410236.2016.1234540
· Harter, Lynn M., Broderick, M., Okamoto, K., Crawford, R. P., & Parsloe, S. (2016) Communicating health and healing through art. In Charsh, B., Geist-Martin, P., & Yamasaki, J., eds., Storied health and illness: Communicating personal, cultural and political complexities (pp. 121-140). Wadsworth: Belmont CA.
· Hosek, A., Crawford, R. P., & Vogl-Bauer, S. (2018). Cognitive approaches in the instructional context. In M. L. Houser & A. Hosek (Eds.), Handbook of instructional communication: Rhetorical and relational perspectives (2nd ed., pp. 209–220). Routledge.
Awards and Honors
· Cheris Kramarae Outstanding Dissertation Award, Organization for the Study of Communication, Language, and Gender 2019
· Maxwell Institute Summer Research Fellow, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 2019
· Department of Social and Public Health. Interdisciplinary Research Award, $1,920 LGB and Trans Access to and Quality of Mental Health Care. Role and Responsibilities: Co-Principal Investigator with Kristin Schuller, 2018
· Cooper Award Nominee. Central States Communication Association’s top honor for teaching Excellence. 2018
· Student Enhancement Award. Ohio University, competitively awarded funding for original student research. 2017
· Research Incentive Fund Award, $2,000. School of Communication Studies, Scripps College of Communication, competitively awarded funding for original student research. 2017
· Outstanding Teaching Associate Award, $500. School of Communication Studies, Scripps College of Communication, awarded once a year by faculty committee to the Graduate Teaching Assistant who best exemplifies teaching excellence 2017
· Graduate Student Leadership Award. School of Communication Studies, Scripps College of Communication, Peer-voted recognition awarded to graduate student demonstrating excellence in leadership and service to the department. 2017
· Roothbert Fellow, $2,500 Competitively awarded funding for research that supports a spiritual or ethical objective. 2016-2018
· Graduate Research Series Speaker, $200 Ohio University, Single award granted yearly by Graduate Student Senate in partnership with the Graduate College and Alden Library for most promising graduate research, 2017
· Travel Grant Award, $1,500 School of Communication Studies, Scripps College of Communication, Funding awarded for conference travel for promising paper and panel presentations. 2016-2017
· University Scholar, Brigham Young University Competitively awarded full-tuition, 4-year scholarship honoring excellence in scholastic achievement and performance. 1995-1999
· Governing Board Member, Survivor Advocacy Outreach Program, Athens, OH 2018- Present
· Research Collaborator, Conference Presenter, Volunteer, Equitas Health Institute, Research and Advocacy group for LGBTQ+ Health, Columbus, OH 2018-Present
· Reviewer, Women & Language, 2018
· Presenter, Teaching Training Academy Orientation, Taught incoming graduate teaching assistants Universal Design for Learning. Ohio University, 2017
· Planning Committee Member, Organizational Communication Mini Conference Organizational Communication Division, NCA. Helped organize housing, activities, pre-conference workshops. 2017
· Reviewer, Great Ideas for Teaching Students. National Communication Association. Gave feedback for 80+ Great Ideas for Teaching to help determine publication/presentation status. Spring 2016-Present
· Consultant, LDS Earth Stewards. Provided communication and outreach information and developed content for new website. 2016-2017
· Volunteer, National Communication Association. 2016-2018
· Qualitative Research Roundtable: Presenter, Ohio University, 2017
· Small Group Facilitator, Comprehensive City Plan Public Meeting. Athens, OH. 2017