Support & Services
The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment offers expertise, programming, and administrative support to help faculty and instructional staff move forward in their success at Ohio University. The services provided build skill and understanding, as well as highlight instructor success and foster collaboration among faculty.
- Consultation services: This one-on-one confidential service focuses on the individual needs of an instructor, whether they are seeking to improve their teaching performance in the classroom; explore new pedagogical models; or develop effective student feedback, assessment, and evaluation processes. We also are available to review materials for faculty promotion and tenure dossiers prior to submission.
- Learning Design services: Our team is experienced in assessing how people learn, meeting the needs of a changing and diverse student body, and managing complex design processes and other projects. We help faculty deliver the highest quality instruction within well-constructed learning environments.
- Faculty Learning Communities: Participation in small, interest-driven communities will be available to support focused, collaborative exploration of a particular topic or area of concern.
- Programs: A growing portfolio of extended cohort-based programs is available for faculty, instructors, and graduate teaching assistants to help build skill and understanding in a rapidly evolving instructional landscape.
- Recognition and awards: Recognition for teaching excellence occurs at many levels at OHIO. We offer administrative and event support to honor award recipients for select institutional awards, we are committed to building a growing and curated library of digital stories featuring our innovative instructors, and we will support a variety of events to showcase teaching excellence.
For instructional consultations, instructors are welcome to email the CTLA.
To schedule a consultation with an instructional designer, go to the Office of Instructional Innovation Bookings page.
Additional support is described in the Office of Instructional Innovation’s services portfolio.