About the Center
The Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) is dedicated to supporting, nurturing, and strengthening faculty skills. Services are available to all instructors, from new teaching assistants to seasoned faculty members. Through workshops, programs, recognition, scholarly resources, and other support, CTL provides professional development and programming to help instructors thrive. Faculty members’ success in creating meaningful learning experiences leads to increased student engagement and achievement.
CTL strives to:
- Respond to the teaching and professional development needs of faculty, instructors, and graduate students at different points in their careers
- Encourage mentoring relationships within the teaching and learning community
- Promote leadership roles of faculty and other colleagues in teaching and learning initiatives, including graduate students as future faculty
- Strengthen linkages between CTL and other programs and units across the University that also are integral to the teaching and learning missions of the University
- Foster collaborative initiatives in the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Highlight excellence in teaching and learning at Ohio University
In 2015, the Center for Teaching & Learning became part of the Office of Instructional Innovation.