About the Center
The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment supports OHIO's commitment to student transformation through the learning experience and serves as a hub connecting university-wide resources, information and support related to teaching, learning and assessment.
To advance teaching excellence at OHIO.
The CLTA supports and strengthens instructor competencies in teaching, learning and assessment that are student-centered, evidence-based, innovative, and inclusive.
- STUDENT-CENTERED LEARNING: The CTLA supports student-centered learning in all aspects of design, delivery and assessment of instruction, courses and curricula.
- EVIDENCE-BASED INSTRUCTION: The CTLA promotes teaching strategies and practices based on educational research, scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) and Discipline-based Education Research (DBER).
- INNOVATION: The CTLA encourages innovative, cutting-edge pedagogy focused on student success.
- INCLUSION: The CTLA advocates for equity and inclusion in all aspects of design, delivery and assessment of instruction, courses and curricula.
- COLLABORATION: The CTLA builds community and supports collaborations among administrative functions, academic units, and instructors including multi-disciplinary curricula, team-taught courses and enterprise-wide course development, among others.
The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment (CTLA) is dedicated to supporting, nurturing, and strengthening faculty skills. Services are available to all instructors, from new teaching assistants to seasoned faculty members. Through workshops, programs, recognition, scholarly resources, and other support, CTLA provides professional development and programming to help instructors thrive. Faculty members’ success in creating meaningful learning experiences leads to increased student engagement and achievement.
In 2022, the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment expanded to more robustly promote competencies in assessment, teaching and learning scholarship and policy work.
Meet the CTLA executive director.
Contact the Center
To contact staff and instructional consultants with any questions or requests, please reach out to CTLA.