MTESOL Graduate Admissions
All graduate applications must be submitted electronically through the Graduate College.
- A US-equivalent bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Transcripts from post-secondary educational institutions
- A clear statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one professional referee)
- For domestic applicants: two years of college-level foreign language requirement
- For international applicants: 100 or higher on a TOEFL-iBT, or 6.5 or higher in every band on IELTS. This program permits full-time enrollment in residence at Ohio University, and an I-20 may be issued based on admission to this program.
See more information about Ohio University's graduate admission requirements.
Students are usually admitted to begin their studies in the fall semester. (In exceptional cases, admission may be granted in the spring semester.) In order to guarantee full consideration, an application should be complete by March 1 for admission in the following fall semester.