M.A. in Applied Linguistics Graduate Admissions
All graduate applications must be submitted electronically through the Graduate College.
- Bachelor's degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Statement of purpose.
- Statement of teaching philosophy (TA applicants only).
- Three letters of recommendation.
- English Proficiency. International students whose native language is not English also must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS academic). To be considered official, test scores must be reported directly from the testing agency to Ohio University. The program requires a TOEFL-iBT score of 100 or higher or an IELTS overall score of 7.0 (with 6.5 or higher in every band) or higher for non-native English speakers. Applicants interested in a Teaching Assistant position in the Ohio Program of Intensive English (OPIE) should submit a teaching philosophy. An additional recommendation from a person in a supervisory position in their previous teaching job is helpful. These requirements apply to dual degree applicants as well. More information on English Proficiency.
- GRE scores are not required.
See more information about Ohio University's graduate admission requirements.
Students are usually admitted to begin their studies in the fall semester. (In exceptional cases, admission may be granted in the spring semester.) In order to guarantee full consideration, an application should be complete by March 1 for admission in the following fall semester.