The Tsunami Relief Project
Year Six of Tsunami Volunteer Project in Japan
Ohio University students Ben Piper '17 and Nick Farris '19 participated in year six of the OHIO — Iwate Prefectural University Tsunami Volunteer Project in Japan on Sept. 24 and 25, 2016.
Both students were on OHIO's Chubu University Japanese Language Study Abroad Program in the city of Kasugai (near Nagoya) in Aichi Prefecture (central Honshu). They were already in Japan, but their travel to Iwate Prefecture and ability to join "year six" was made possible by donations from the Ohio University Alumni Association's Japan (Tokyo and Nagoya Chapters), which covered the students? long-distance transportation to Iwate, food and lodging.
Tsunami Project Stories
- Two Students, Professors Join Sixth Year of Tsunami Volunteer Project in Japan
- OHIO Continues Post-Tsunami Relationship With Iwate Prefectural University
- Thompson Participates in Tsunami Relief Forum in Japan
- Tsunami Relief: What the People Need
- Japanese Governor of Hard-Hit Iwate Area Says Thank You for Tsunami Aid
- Ohio University Thanks Consul General of Japan in Detroit
- Japanese Students Role Play Social Scenes, 'Skinship' for Linguistics Class