Geological Sciences Research
- Facilities & Laboratories
- Faculty Research Areas
- Geological Sciences Colloquium Series
- Graduate Research Opportunities
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Examples of Research and Travel Funding
- State, National and International Service by Faculty
In the 2019-20 academic year, Geological Sciences faculty and students presented 27 papers at professional meetings, including three invited speakers and one keynote speaker.
- Dr. Daniel Hembree proposed, organized, and chaired "Behavioral Innovations and Environmental Feedbacks: Insights from the Trace Fossil Record and Other Archives" at the 11th North American Paleontological Convention in Riverside, Calif.
- Dr. Damian Nance was the invited keynote speaker at Geopangea 2019 at the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico in Mexico City. His talk was "History of the Rheic Ocean from Gondwana to Pangea."
Faculty published 19 papers, one book chapter, 140 abstracts, and one geological map. Faculty work in three research clusters:
Seven undergraduate students were engaged in geological research with faculty members.
There were four active external grants and one Ohio University PURF grant.
At the state, national and international level, the Geological Sciences faculty in the past year reviewed 36 papers, edited 58 papers for professional journals, and created one geological map for the Ohio Division of Natural Resources.
- Dr. Greg Nadon serves on the Ohio STATEMAP Advisory Committee.
- Dr. Damian Nance is the U.S. Representative to UNESCO International Geoscience Programme IGCP Project 648: Supercontinent Cycles and Global Geodynamics.