Chemistry & Biochemistry Giving Opportunities
- To donate to any of the funds listed below, go to Make a Gift to Chemistry & Biochemistry. Click on the Give Now button. The first drop-down menu should say College of Arts and Sciences. The second drop down menu has a list of specific funds to choose from.
- News and construction updates for the new chemistry building
How to Support Chemistry & Biochemistry
Gifts by alumni and friends help support faculty and students in the Chemistry & Biochemistry Department.
Gifts can help in these specific ways:
- Capital support for new Chemistry Building (See "New Chemistry Building Provides Window into 21st Century Research.") For giving information, contact David Johnson.
- The Anthony R. J. Andrews Memorial Scholarship—This scholarship fund was established in 2002 after the passing of (then) Director of the Forensic Chemistry Program, Anthony R. J. Andrews. The scholarship will be awarded to a junior or senior of high academic standing who shows promise as a forensic chemist.
- Donald R. Clippinger Department of Chemistry Research Award—This award is named after Donald R. Clippinger (1928-1967, faculty member, department chair and graduate dean). The award is given to the top third- or fourth-year graduate student in the department as judged by their research achievements.
- Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry Fund—Gifts to this fund play an important role in allowing us to provide a first-rate education to students and give faculty the flexibility to explore innovative new directions in teaching or research. In particular, these funds help the department support our international exchange programs, Instrumentation purchase and repair, and undergraduate summer research fellowships.
- Graduate Student Support Fund—When fully funded this will provide a research fellowship for a high performing graduate student in the department.
- Lawrence P. Eblin Memorial Fund—This fund was named to honor the legacy of Dr. Eblin (1919-1980, B.S. Ohio University, faculty member, textbook author and department chair). The Eblin fund is used to support the seminar series in the department. These funds will help the department bring in nationally and internationally recognized external speakers to enrich the educational experience for students and faculty.
Thanks very much for your support.
Director of Development, Major Giving
306 Wilson Hall
Athens, OH 45701