Chemistry & Biochemistry Giving Opportunities
How to Support Chemistry & Biochemistry
Gifts by alumni and friends help support faculty and students in the Chemistry & Biochemistry Department.
Gifts can help in these specific ways:
- Capital support for new Chemistry Building (See "New Chemistry Building Provides Window into 21st Century Research.") For giving information, contact Susan Downard.
- The Anthony R. J. Andrews Memorial Scholarship—This scholarship fund was established in 2002 after the passing of (then) Director of the Forensic Chemistry Program, Anthony R. J. Andrews. The scholarship will be awarded to a junior or senior of high academic standing who shows promise as a forensic chemist.
- Donald R. Clippinger Department of Chemistry Research Award—This award is named after Donald R. Clippinger (1928-1967, faculty member, department chair and graduate dean). The award is given to the top third- or fourth-year graduate student in the department as judged by their research achievements.
- Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry Fund—Gifts to this fund play an important role in allowing us to provide a first-rate education to students and give faculty the flexibility to explore innovative new directions in teaching or research. In particular, these funds help the department support our international exchange programs, Instrumentation purchase and repair, and undergraduate summer research fellowships.
- Graduate Student Support Fund—When fully funded this will provide a research fellowship for a high performing graduate student in the department.
- Lawrence P. Eblin Memorial Fund—This fund was named to honor the legacy of Dr. Eblin (1919-1980, B.S. Ohio University, faculty member, textbook author and department chair). The Eblin fund is used to support the seminar series in the department. These funds will help the department bring in nationally and internationally recognized external speakers to enrich the educational experience for students and faculty.
To make a donation to any of these funds, go to Make a Gift. Click on the Give Now button. Under the heading "I want to support," click on the box that says "The fund I want to support isn't listed above" and type in the name of a chemistry fund listed on this page. Thanks very much for your support.