The Ohio University Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship, created in 2003, helps children and grandchildren of Ohio University alumni continue the Bobcat tradition. Throughout history, many OHIO families have proudly shared the Ohio alumni experience.
Legacy Scholarship Details
- Candidate must be an undergraduate for the upcoming school year.
- Candidate must have at least one direct lineage Ohio University graduate, (i.e. parent, stepparent, grandparent, great-grandparent, etc.)
- Candidate must have a minimum GPA of 3.7.
- Four $1,000 scholarships are awarded each year.
- One award is given per class (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior)
- Deadline is Nov. 15, 2019 at 5 p.m. Applications are to be completed online.
Apply for the Legacy Scholarship
Applicants must fill out the scholarship application and the recommendation form by Nov. 15, 2019.
Support the Legacy Scholarship
The Ohio University Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship, created in 2003, helps children and grandchildren of Ohio University alumni continue the Bobcat tradition. Throughout history, many OHIO families have proudly shared the Ohio alumni experience. To support the Legacy Scholarship, please click here and choose “Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship".
For more information about the Legacy Scholarship contact Victoria McFadden.
Legacy Scholarship Application
We will begin accepting applications for the 2019-2020 Legacy Scholarship on Sept. 5, 2019.
Materials Needed to Complete the Legacy Scholarship Application
APPLICATION: Please fill out the application in its entirety. Applications can be completed online.
NOTE: We will begin accepting applications for the 2019-2020 Legacy Scholarship on Sept. 5, 2019
- Application for rising seniors at OHIO
- Application for rising juniors at OHIO
- Application for rising sophomores at OHIO
- Application for rising first years at OHIO
REFERENCE FORM: This reference form can be from a professor/teacher, a community citizen (cannot be related to applicant). You have two ways to have your reference complete the form:
- Have them complete the online reference form.
- Download the word document [Word] and have them mail/email it in.
Please return any paper materials to:
Ohio University Alumni Association
Konneker Alumni Center
52 University Terrace
Athens, Ohio 45701
Failure to complete all sections of this application may significantly delay the processing time of your application. The application must be received by Nov. 15 for the following academic year.
Information about Review Process
The committee will consider the application in full, including:
- Academic Performance, Awards/Honors
- School/Community Activities
- Reference Form
- Narrative essay
Additional information may be used from your application for admission and financial aid forms.
After all applications are received on Nov. 15, 2019 the committee will review applications, meet, and decide winners. The committee will be in contact if any questions arise. All students will receive a letter informing them of the committee’s decision. If you have any questions, you can contact Victoria McFadden.
The completed Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5 p.m. ON NOV. 15, 2019.