Sustainability, Security and Resilience Degree and Certificate Application
The Voinovich School takes a holistic approach to considering a candidate’s application package, which means we'll consider all parts of your application, so you have an opportunity to highlight your strengths.
General Admission Requirements
Successful candidates will have the following:
- At least two years of professional experience, which may include related experience in the private, public, or not-for-profit sectors and volunteer or service experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts
- Professional statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- No GRE/GMAT required
We accept applications at any time, but please consider these deadlines:
|Application Deadline||Start Date|
|Fall 2021||July 15, 2021||August 23, 2021|
|Spring 2022||November 15, 2021||January 10, 2022|
|Summer 2022||April 15, 2022||May 9, 2022|
Ready to Apply?
Getting started with your application is easy and we're here to help. Below is a checklist that will walk you step by step through the process. If you have any questions along the way, please contact the Admissions Team at 740.593.9381 or email@example.com.
- Apply online at www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply/
- The application fee is $50.
- Select the program name/code for your application:
- Master of Sustainability, Security and Resilience Application - MS4414
- Community Risk and Resilience Certificate – CTCRRG
- Environmental Change Management and Leadership Certificate - CTEMLC
- Planning Resilient Systems Certificate – CTPRSG
- For Campus, choose ‘online.’
- Choose the appropriate Entry Term
- Request an official transcript from all institutions of higher education you have attended and arrange for them to be sent to Ohio University, Graduate College, 220 Research & Technology Center, Athens, OH 45701-2979. Ohio University transcripts will be obtained by Graduate College on your behalf.
3. Recommendation Letters
Arrange for three individuals to submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. Preferably one letter should come from your immediate supervisor.
When prompted on the online application, request that your recommenders be contacted through the online application process for electronic submission of their recommendation letters. You will need to enter each individual’s name and e-mail address. Your recommender can upload a copy of the letter on letterhead as an attachment in the system.
Letters of recommendation should include the provider’s relationship to you and their complete address and contact information, including a clearly identifiable professional e-mail address.
Upload an up-to-date and current professional résumé as an attachment to your online application in the Supplemental Materials section of the online application.
5. Professional Statement
Upload this document as a separate attachment to your online application in the Supplemental Materials section. Please limit the length of the statement to no more than three double-spaced pages.
Your statement should provide a brief autobiographical sketch and describe what strengths, qualities, and attributes you bring to the classroom. Discuss your accomplishments, career goals and objectives, and the value of the degree to achieving your career goals.