MPA Admission Requirements
Successful MPA candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts
- Letter of intent/personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- No GRE/GMAT required
For the campus-based program, the Voinovich School gives priority acceptance and funding consideration to applications received by February 15. Applications received after February 15 will be considered but applications will not be eligible for funding (other types of financial aid might be available.)
Ready to Apply?
Getting started with your application is easy and we're here to help. Please note, this degree only accepts new students in the summer term of each year. Below is a checklist that will walk you step by step through the process. If you have any questions along the way, please contact the Admissions Team at 740.593.9381 or email@example.com.
Request an official transcript from all institutions of higher education where you earned a bachelor’s degree or higher and arrange for them to be sent to Ohio University, Graduate College, Grosvenor Hall 102, Athens, OH 45701. Ohio University transcripts will be obtained by the Graduate College on your behalf. You may either request official transcripts or upload unofficial transcripts for institutions of higher education where you completed less than a bachelor’s degree (i.e. associate degree) or attended without receiving a degree.
3. Recommendation Letters
- Arrange for three individuals to submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. Preferably one letter should come from a faculty member or other instructor.
- When prompted on the online application, request that your recommenders be contacted through the online application process for electronic submission of their recommendation letters. You will need to enter each individual’s name and e-mail address. Your recommender can upload a copy of the letter on letterhead as an attachment in the system.
- Letters of recommendation should include the recommender’s relationship to you and their complete address and contact information, including a clearly identifiable professional e-mail address.
Upload an up-to-date and current professional résumé as an attachment to your online application in the Supplemental Materials section of the online application.
5. Letter of Intent/ Personal Statement
- Upload this document as a separate attachment to your online application in the Supplemental Materials section. Please limit the length of the statement to no more than three double-spaced pages.
- Your statement should provide a brief autobiographical sketch and describe what strengths, qualities, and attributes you bring to the MPA classroom. Discuss your accomplishments, career goals and objectives, and the value of the MPA degree to achieving your career goals.