The Voinovich School takes a holistic approach to considering a candidate’s application package, which means we'll consider all parts of your application, so you have an opportunity to highlight your strengths.
General Admission Requirements
Successful Executive MPA candidates will have the following:
- At least three years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts
- Letter of intent/personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- No GRE/GMAT required
We accept applications at any time, but please consider these deadlines:
||August 16, 2019
||September 14, 2019
||December 1, 2019
||January 25, 2020
||June 1, 2020
||June 20, 2020
Ready to Apply?
Getting started with your application is easy and we're here to help. Below is a checklist that will walk you step by step through the process. If you have any questions along the way, please contact the Admissions Team at 740.593.9381 or email@example.com.
- Apply online at www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply/
- The application fee is $50.
- The Program Name is Executive Master of Public Administration; the Program Code is MP4411.
- For Campus, choose ‘online.’
- Choose the appropriate Entry Term (for January cohorts, choose Spring; June/July cohorts, choose Summer; and September cohorts, choose Fall.)
Request an official transcript from all institutions of higher education you have attended and arrange for them to be sent to Ohio University, Graduate College, 220 Research & Technology Center, Athens, OH 45701-2979. Ohio University transcripts will be obtained by Graduate College on your behalf.
3. Recommendation Letters
- Arrange for three individuals to submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. Preferably one letter should come from your immediate supervisor.
- When prompted on the online application, request that your recommenders be contacted through the online application process for electronic submission of their recommendation letters. You will need to enter each individual’s name and e-mail address. Your recommender can upload a copy of the letter on letterhead as an attachment in the system.
- Letters of recommendation should include the provider’s relationship to you and their complete address and contact information, including a clearly identifiable professional e-mail address.
Upload an up-to-date and current professional résumé as an attachment to your online application in the Supplemental Materials section of the online application.
5. Letter of Intent/ Personal Statement
- Upload this document as a separate attachment to your online application in the Supplemental Materials section. Please limit the length of the statement to no more than three double-spaced pages.
- Your statement should provide a brief autobiographical sketch and describe what strengths, qualities, and attributes you bring to the MPA classroom. Discuss your accomplishments, career goals and objectives, and the value of the MPA degree to achieving your career goals.