Explore associate's degree programs that have been evaluated and approved for following military course/training for applicable course credit.
We value your service and experience.
When we say we wouldn’t be here without our vets, we mean it literally: It was a group of Revolutionary War veterans who together purchased the land where our main campus now exists; in 1804, Ohio University was chartered as the first university in the Northwest Territory.
As OHIO’s first and finest university, we’ve been helping military service members reach their goals ever since—from Civil War veterans, to those serving around the globe today. With the support of dedicated advisors with experience that includes every branch of the military, we’ll help you meet your goals faster.
We’re the statewide leader in online higher education. Our wide range of career-focused online programs will help you maximize your benefits, save time, and save money on the path to whatever's next, through special military scholarships, the ability to transfer unlimited credits* to apply toward your bachelor’s degree, and dedicated support for military-affiliated students from day 1 to graduation.
Flexibility—Even During Deployment
As a longtime military supporter, OHIO’s online programs were designed to meet the needs of our service members. Access your coursework online 24/7 so you can learn on your schedule, whether at home or deployed. Our dedicated advising team and caring faculty will work with you directly to provide the flexibility and support you need to succeed.
Ohio University’s Veterans and Military Student Services Center
Our staff is here for you, ready to facilitate and coordinate programs and services effectively for both you and your family members. We’ll help you make a smooth and successful transition to the Ohio University community, and support you through your academic career.
Military Benefits & Scholarships
A university you can trust: As a well-respected public university, student success is our primary mission. It guides who we are, and who we partner with. In addition to accepting Tuition Assistance (TA), Post-9/11 GI Bill® and Montgomery GI Bill*** benefits, we are proud to offer scholarships for military students (either for themselves or as a dependent) and participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Enrolling at OHIO as a military student, spouse, or veteran is easy. You'll work with a team that understands your military background and needs. Here's how you can get started:
Step 1: Review military benefit eligibility
- If you are currently serving in the U.S. Armed Forces:
- Contact your military branch's education office to learn what benefits are available to you.
- Work with your education officer to set up your paperwork in preparation for Tuition Assistance authorization and any other potential benefits, such as the GI Bill®.
- If you are a veteran:
- If you are eligible for VA education benefits and have not yet applied, you will need to complete an application for benefits through Vets.gov. Please retain a screenshot of the confirmation page once your application is complete.
- If you have previously used your VA education benefits at another institution, you will need to complete a Request for Change of Program or Place in order to update your current education benefits. Please retain a screenshot of the confirmation page once complete.
Step 2: Review Costs and Apply
First, learn how much it will cost to complete your degree, including tuition, and fees.
- Next, apply to one of our online degree programs.
- To receive an application fee waiver, inform the Veterans and Military Student Services staff that you’re a service member or veteran and that you'll be using your military benefits.
Step 3: Submit paperwork documenting your prior education.
- Send documentation of your completion of a high school diploma or GED to Undergraduate Admissions. (If you are transferring credits from a post-secondary military or civilian institution, your advisor will also need your transcripts.)
- If you intend to transfer credits earned through the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) or from a previously attended civilian college or university (U.S. only), complete a transcript request form.
- Special evaluation available for those Department of Defense schools that may not appear on official military transcripts or Joint Services Transcript (JST).
- 100% of American Council on Education (ACE) courses are accepted.
Associate's Degree Programs
Bachelor's Degree Programs
Choose from our many bachelor's degree programs that have been evaluated and approved for applicable course credit following military course/training.
Disclaimer: It is not the intent of Ohio University to imply an endorsement by any service branch of the U.S. Armed Forces.
*Credit transfer and graduation requirements may vary by college/program.
**Bachelor of Science in Technical Operations Management (ETM courses) are under $360 per credit hour.
***GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website.