Welcome back to those of you returning to campus for the first time this academic year! To our first-year students who are new to Athens, we are so happy to have you joining us for the first time! Like nearly all things these days, operations and spaces in the Libraries are different and we want to give you a head’s up on how things are working this spring semester.
Here, Chad Boeninger, head of user services, explains:
Alden Library is open for study, but to keep everyone safe, we have special protocols and rules in place you will need to follow:
- Bring your ID! OHIO ID card swipe access is required for entry.
- The 2nd and 4th floors are open for business. Check our hours.
- Don’t forget your mask (but we have some extras if you do)! Masks over your mouth and nose are always required.
- No whispering! You can talk, but you must stay 6-ft apart.
- Study rooms are for individuals only. You can also book your own seat in advance. Reserve one today!
- Want to talk and work with a group? Try one of our virtual study rooms with your friends or join us and make some new friends!
- Obey all the posted signage. There are a lot, but it’s college. You can handle the extra reading.
- You won’t see our friendly faces hanging out at the help desks, but we’re around to help! Just check the signs for contact info and call, text, or chat with us. We’ll come to you when you need us, staying 6-feet apart, of course.
- Need a book? Use the ALICE Library Catalog to request it and we’ll take care of everything from there. All you need to do is come to the 2nd floor when you get the email to pick it up.
- Need other help getting resources or completing your research assignments? Find out all the ways to get help. We’re here for you!
Check out all the details on our Spring Semester Safety Guidelines!