Search within:

University Departments: Other Visa Types

Other Visas

There are other options for visa classifications that may allow a non-citizen to work at the university. The most common example is the H-1B visa classification, which may be appropriate for tenure-track faculty positions. Each visa classification has its own set of conditions and requirements. ISSS is not able to advise on this, however, The Office of Legal Affairs is available to provide guidance on these matters. Departments seeking a visa solution for a potential employee are encouraged to explore these options as early as possible, as many of the processes can be lengthy.