Graduate Appointments, Employment, and Benefits
Ohio University abides by the Council of Graduate Schools Resolution Regarding Graduate Scholars, Fellows, Trainees, and Assistants. When you accept an offer of funding for the next academic year, you and the graduate program are entering into an obligation that both are expected to honor. Students are under no obligation to respond to offers of financial support prior to April 15. Withdrawing an acceptance of financial support after April 15 commits the student to obtain a written release from the program before accepting an offer from a different program or institution. Refer to the Resolution for additional conditions affecting funding offers.
- Please be sure to read and understand all Graduate Appointment Information and Policies before accepting an appointment.
- You must complete the appropriate employment forms. These forms will be provided at Graduate Student Orientation or are available by visiting Ohio University Human Resources at 169 West Union Street. If going to Human Resources, the Campus Area Transit Shuttle (CATS) - Blue Loop has a stop (the WUSOC stop) near this facility. For more information about the shuttle, click here.
- Students with an F-1 visa who are offered a Graduate Appointment and do not have a US Social Security number (SSN) must apply for one after arrival on campus. Additional information is available through International Student and Faculty Services.
- Stipend payslips may be accessed online. Log in by visiting the following web page: https://myhr.ohio.edu.
- If you need to provide a 2-factor ID key, go to the OIT Multi-factor identification website.
- Click My Personal Information.
- Enter your Ohio ID and password and click Login.
- You will be redirected to a page with access to all of your employee information.
Additional resources -
Click the links listed below for more information.
|Parental Paid Leave of Absence Policy for Graduate Student|
|Student Health Insurance|
University Policies -
Graduate, Research, and Teaching Assistantships - Accepting Applications:
Other student employment opportunities may be available on the Ohio University Career Site.