Apply for M.A. in Community Dance
Come dance with us in beautiful Athens, Ohio to deepen your artistry, skills, and knowledge as a community-engaged artist, teacher, researcher, and innovator.
For Spring Semester 2022
We are currently accepting applications for our next cohort, to begin in Spring semester, January 2022. International applicants should apply by September 1, 2021. Students who do not need an international visa can apply any time before October 31, 2021.
For Fall 2022 Admissions:
February 1, 2022 – Deadline for international applicants
February 1, 2022 – Deadline for all students (both international and domestic) who wish to apply for Graduate Assistantships
March 1, 2022 – Deadline for domestic applicants
Standard Application to the Graduate College:
- Completed Application Form
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (at least one from the field of Dance)
- Resumé or Curriculum Vitae
Additional Materials Required for Application to M.A. in Community Dance:
- Statement of Intent (2 pages). Why are you applying to the MA in Community Dance program? What are your future goals? How have your previous experiences and education prepared you for this program, and for a career in the field of community-engaged dance?
- Interview with School of Dance faculty. Upon receiving a completed application, the Graduate Chair will contact applicants to schedule the interview.
Applicants may also submit the following supporting materials:
- Video links
- Links to blogs/vlogs
- Website link
- Published performance reviews
- Grant applications