Business Continuity Planning
OHIO Ready - Are you ready?
What is Business Continuity? A collection of resources, actions, procedures and information that is developed, tested and held in readiness for use in the event of a major disruption of business operations. How business will continue when normal operating procedures are not possible.
- All Ohio University departments, units and divisions should develop a written plan of action referred to as a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for mitigating the effects of unexpected events that may disrupt normal business operations.
- BCP's should be flexible, updated on a regular basis, distributed to staff in hard copy format and easily retrievable when needed.
- Ohio University uses Ohio Ready (Kuali Systems) Software as a data repository for all campus BCP's. BCP's are designed to sustain a departments essential functions until normal operations can be restored. Using an all-hazards approach, BCP's should identify how to address the following disruptions to normal operations:
- Loss of access to a facility or portion of a facility (building, classroom, laboratory, residence hall, dining hall, etc.)
- Loss of 50% of faculty and/or staff
- Loss of IT infrastructure