Sudara Tee Design Challenge
Calling All Creatives: Sudara and Ohio University are inviting you to join the cause in their first Tee Design Challenge!
At Sudara, every purchase supports living-wage employment and skills training for women in India who are at high risk or survivors of human trafficking. This challenge is an opportunity to join the apparel brand’s fight for good. Your design could be printed on a limited edition run of their tees, making a statement that isn’t just about fashion!
The winning OHIO-design tees will not only help the brand continue to provide women in India safe pathways to freedom but will also have an impact in our own community. Sudara will donate 15% of the proceeds to My Sister’s Place, a local domestic violence agency. The winning designer will be paid $500. Any designer whose design is sold on Sudara will be paid at least $100.
Deadline for entries: Thursday, October 1, 2020
Sudara offers a beautiful line of pajamas and loungewear inspired by local Indian culture, crafted by the brave women in the community who wish to remain free from the sex trade.
As a benefit corporation, they are committed to a virtuous supply chain and stand against slave labor. Revenue generated from sales is reinvested in training for more women in their chosen vocation, leading to more economic independence and gender equity.
Their success is not only measured by their long-term, positive social impact and systemic change but also through their profits that are reinvested in the women Sudara supports. With their mission-aligned partners, they train approximately 1,200 women per year in 11 vocations with a 90% job placement rate. The result is an ecosystem that creates cyclical movement of freedom, education, equity, and economic stability.
Sudara was voted the “Audience Favorite” in the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge, a global program that supports entrepreneurial start-ups and scale-up stage businesses developing solutions that promote inclusive and positive change in fashion.
Register for our virtual Women Entrepreneurship Week event with Founder and Chairwoman of Sudara Freedom Fund, Shannon Keith, and CEO of Sudara Inc., Lisa Flynn, on Thursday, September 24, 2020. This dynamic duo will be sharing more about the story of their mission-based benefit corporation and answer your questions.
How to Enter the Challenge
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with required information and an attached zip folder of all required files by Thursday, October 1, 2020.
Entry Requirements and Guidelines
- You must be an OHIO student to enter.
- You must agree to the challenge's terms and conditions to participate.
- There is no limit to the number of designs you can submit.
- Include your name, major, and year in school in your submission email.
- See complete step-by-step design guidelines [ppt] for design and file type requirements.
- Zip all files into a single folder to be attached to your email submission.
- Submit your designs by the deadline for full consideration.
Entry Suggestions: Bonus Points
- Design your tee to match with a pair of Sudara pajama pants to be sold as a set. Include the photo of the pants you've chosen in your submission's zip folder attachment. See available pajama pants below.
- Tell us a little behind the story of your design(s) in your submission.
Full Terms and Conditions
The challenge is open to all students at Ohio University.
The complete step-by-step design guidelines [ppt] must be followed for full consideration.
Winning designs will be determined by their adherence to/fit with Sudara’s brand and mission and popular votes from Sudara’s customers and OHIO students, family and friends.
By submitting your design, and in consideration of Sudara evaluating your design submission for its possible use, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The design is your own original work, is not and has not been offered for sale anywhere by any means, and does not contain any trademarks, logos, copyrighted material, content subject to right of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property belonging to any third party.
- The design does not infringe any rights of any third party.
- By submitting the design to The Center for Entrepreneurship and Sudara, you hereby grant Sudara the right and license to upload, modify, reproduce, copy, exhibit, create derivative works of, distribute, and display the design, in any manner, for the purposes of promoting Sudara.
- If the design is selected by Sudara, you shall assign the entire right, title, and interest in and to the design to Sudara. Sudara assumes full ownership of the design.
- You acknowledge that Sudara reserves the right to decline to select the design for any reason, at Sudara’s sole discretion, and that the decisions of Sudara are final and binding. If the design is NOT selected by Sudara, Sudara forfeits any right to the design. Full ownership of the design reverts back to the designer.
- For designers whose designs are selected and sold on Sudara.org, payment for your designs will be made directly to your student account. Winning designers will be responsible for providing their PIDs to receive payment. As you probably know, funds transferred to a student account at Ohio University can be withdrawn as cash.
By submitting your design you acknowledge that you have read and are comfortable with these Design Submission Terms and Conditions, you agree to be bound by them, and you wish to submit your design to The Center for Entrepreneurship and Sudara in accordance with them.
If you have questions regarding your submission, please contact the The Center for Entrepreneurship at email@example.com.
How to Win
On Friday, October 2, 2020, Sudara will share select designs with the public to vote for their favorites for two rounds of voting which will conclude on Thursday, October 15, 2020. The most popular designs will be available for pre-order starting on Friday, October 16, 2020. Designs that meet the minimum order quantity will go to production and winners will be announced.
All entries should fit Sudara’s brand standards. Get to know their brand better by checking out their current and past tee designs, and available pajama pants you can potentially pair your design with.