Global Entrepreneurship Week
Careers & Entrepreneurship in the Sciences:
Drugs, Devices, and Diagnostics
4 P.M. - 8 P.M.
Walter Hall Rotunda
This Event will bring together students, educators, scientists, and industry executives and entrepreneurs, literally from around the globe, who are immersed in or want to know more about current and future opportunities in several exciting science sectors: drug discovery, medical devices, and diagnostics. We intend to focus on the career and entrepreneurial possibilities arising within these sectors, not just science or technology itself.
Attendees will see these industries from the perspective of entrepreneurs, scientists, industry executives, even investors. The Event will feature several prominent speakers, panels, and two networking receptions offering students (and all other guests) the chance to meet and talk with all participants and attendees. This format will bring to life stories for students who love science but may not intend to go to into care provider professions and for students who are engineers, are business-minded, or inventors – all thinking about building a future for themselves doing what they love.
4 P.M. - Registration and Networking
4:30 P.M. - Welcome Remarks
4:50 P.M. - Keynote - “Creating Innovative Medicines While Building a Biotech Business – Lessons Learned”
- Pat Connelly, CEO, Pin Hill Ventures & Senior Vertex Fellow
5:40 P.M. - Panel - “The Business of Science in the 21st Century: Drug Discovery”
- John Kopchick (moderator), Distinguished Professor & Goll-Ohio Eminent Scholar Biomedical Sciences at Ohio University
- Laura Brege, General Partner, Red Rock Ventures, and former CFO, COR Therapeutics
- Tim Coleman, VP of Operations at Immunomic Therapeutics
- Jon Wang, Chief Scientific Officer & Senior Vice President, CStone Pharmaceuticals
6:30 P.M. - Panel - “Entrepreneurship in Bioscience: No Cookie Cutter Approach”
- Moderator: John Lewis, President and CEO, BioOhio
- Jon J. Snyder, Founder, Executive Advisor, Neuros Medical, Inc.
- Pam Groen, Global Biomedical Business Leader & Advisor
- Brad Lang, Executive in Residence, BioEnterprise, Former scientist at Athersys
7:20 P.M. - Closing Remarks
7:30 P.M. - Post-event Networking Reception
*If you would like to request an ASL interpreter or other accommodation to attend this event, please contact email@example.com by 9/11/2019.
*Preregistration is not necessary to attend but highly encouraged, registration will be available on site beginning at 4 P.M.
*Seating is on a first come first served basis
Traveling to Athens for this event?
This event is being hosted by: Ohio University’s Center for Entrepreneurship, the Department of Biology within the College of Arts and Sciences, the University’s Corporate Engagement Office, and TechGROWTH Ohio as part of Global Entrepreneurship Week.