Are you looking for Correctional Education information? Go Here!
Legal Studies Certificate Courses
Ohio University has partnered with The Center for Legal Studies (CLS) to bring you quality legal training available in a text-based format to fit your education needs.
The following noncredit certificate courses are available in a text-based format:
- Paralegal Certificate – Training includes instruction on how to assist trial attorneys, interview witnesses, investigate complex fact patterns, research the law, and assist in preparing cases for courtroom litigation.
- Advanced Paralegal Certificate (requires the Paralegal Certificate) – Students can choose from several in-depth topics of law, such as criminal law, bankruptcy law, family law, immigration law, and more.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution – This course is designed to train students to develop or participate in conflict mediation processes, specifically related to settlement options in the United States.
- Legal Investigation – Subjects include investigations related to arson, products liability, personal injury and traffic accident forensics, employment accidents, professional malpractice, and negligence.
- Legal Secretary – Students will learn about legal terminology, legal process, jurisdiction and venue, written communications, filing procedures, billing and accounting, time management, and more.
- Victim Advocacy – Participants will be prepared to work with state and county governments as advocates for crime victims, assisting them in progressing through the legal system and toward recovery.
Students must be prepared to complete a significant amount of work. To receive a Certificate of Completion, students must complete assignments and pass numerous quizzes. Assignments and exams are mailed to the instructor at The Center for Legal Studies for grading/critique. Questions regarding assignments and/or course content are handled via phone or mail.
The required textbooks and resources for these courses are available from The Center for Legal Studies Bookstore. Please call 1-800-522-7737 to order textbooks and obtain exact shipping charges. To order by mail, please write to the address below. Prices, availability, and required textbooks are subject to change.
The Center for Legal Studies
1202 Bergen Pkwy, Ste. 110
Evergreen, CO 80439
Participants may start the courses at any time. Learn more about the print-based legal certificate courses.
Register for the legal studies courses.
Because you are given full access to your learning materials, there are no refunds allowed once the course has begun
Want to know more? Contact:
Ohio University Southern
1804 Liberty Avenue
Ironton, OH 45638