Geology Alumni Research Grant
The Geological Sciences Alumni Grants (GSAG) are designed to help fund graduate student thesis research. Only first-year students are eligible to apply for these grants. Each spring (late March to early April) students may submit proposals to the GSAG committee for partial support of their thesis research.
Proposals are evaluated by a faculty committee, and available funds are distributed among the best proposals. Students submitting proposals for GSAG Grants append a draft of their thesis proposal to the application and must expect to defend their thesis proposal before the end of the semester. GSAG award funds will only be awarded to students who have passed their oral defenses.
- Toluwaleke Ajayi, under the direction of Dr. Dina López
- Hannah Bortel, under the direction of Dr. Gregory Springer
- Robert Demchuk, under the direction of Dr. Keith Milam
- Ojo Ogundare, under the direction of Dr. Eung Seok Lee
- Ceara Purcell, under the direction of Dr. Alycia Stigall
- Joe Wislocki, under the direction of Dr. Daniel Hembree