Nondegree Nursing Early Start Program
Ohio University’s Nondegree Nursing Early Start Program helps students earn a bachelor's degree faster. Nursing early start students may enroll in online BSN courses NRSE 4510 Professional Nursing Practice and NRSE 4520 Health Assessment and Promotion during OHIO's summer semester.
- Currently enrolled in an associate's degree in nursing program from an eligible institution
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher from all prior colleges or institutions attended
- Completion of Foundations of Nursing I and II
- Summer I session: Application and transcript(s) must be received by Undergraduate Admissions by April 15.
- Summer II session: Application and transcript(s) must be received by Undergraduate Admissions by May 15.
How to Apply
Complete the Nondegree Nursing Early Start Application
Complete the Nondegree Nursing Early Start application. Note: Students enrolled in nondegree programs are generally not eligible for federal or institutional financial aid.
Students who enrolled in NRSE 4510 as nondegree nursing early start students in summer 2020 do not have to re-apply to complete NRSE 4520. Re-enrolling students should complete the Ohio University Re-Enrollment Form (PDF) and follow the submission instructions on the form.
You must submit transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. Official transcripts are encouraged, but not required. An official transcript is one that is submitted directly from an institution.
Unofficial transcripts must meet the following criteria:
- An official transcript issued to the student that is still in a sealed envelope at the time it is submitted to Undergraduate Admissions.
- An unofficial transcript sent directly from the college or university where the credit originated.
These items can be submitted electronically or mailed to:
Chubb Hall 120
1 Ohio University Drive
Athens, OH 45701
Electronic submissions from secure transcript-sharing networks may be sent to email@example.com.
If you would like more information or have questions, provide your contact information below, and an admissions team member will follow up with you.